Pet Care: Why Ashwagandha & Neem Are Good For Dogs
If you have a pet at home, you are always on the lookout for things that can make their lives more comfortable and help them stay healthy. Dr Dilip Sonune, director of veterinary services at Wiggles.in, said that until a few years ago, Ayurveda for pets was unknown. But now we are seeing Ayurvedic ingredients like ashwagandha and neem in pet oils, shampoos, and even treats.
“Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antibacterial and antifungal properties, and is an excellent hematinic. Neem has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties that repel ticks and fleas in a natural and safe way. Neem is also very effective for skin problems because it is anti-allergic and anti-itch, ”he says.
Read on to learn more about these ingredients.
Ashwagandha for dogs
According to Dr. Sonune, here are a few benefits:
* Calming properties: Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen, which means it is non-toxic and is a health-promoting herb for a variety of ailments. It reduces stress and helps your dog cope with his fear or anxiety.
* Strengthens the immune system: The immunity boosting properties of this plant are well known and work extremely well for dogs to help boost their immunity.
* Relieves pain: It can help relieve pain in your pet’s bones, muscles, and joints as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
* Helps the skin and coat: Ashwagandha helps fight skin infections, allergies, hot spots and itchy skin naturally.
* Maintains overall health: Ashwagandha maintains the normal function of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, keeping your dog’s overall health under control.
* Help their cognition: Ashwagandha has been found to improve cognitive function, improve memory and coordination.
* Fights tumors: It can also help prevent and fight serious illnesses like cancer and tumors.
Benefits of neem for dogs
* Protects against ticks and fleas: Neem works very well as a natural pesticide and insect repellant. It is effective against ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, mites and other types of insects.
* Antibacterial properties: The antibacterial properties of neem can fight against various diseases like colds, dengue fever and malaria. Plus, its ability to fight off different types of bacteria protects your dog from disease.
* Antifungal properties: Neem’s antifungal properties protect your dog’s skin against ringworm, candida, and other fungal infections.
* Antioxidant properties: Neem also contains a number of antioxidants which help control free radicals. Free radicals can lead to eye disorders, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, among many other diseases.
* Prevents diabetes: Neem can also help control blood sugar in diabetic dogs. It can also help prevent diabetes in pets.
* Promotes healthy skin and coat: Neem contains omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids as well as vitamin E; this makes it a great ingredient for improving the health of your pet’s skin and coat.
* Relieves itching: As neem repels insects and has antibacterial and antifungal properties, it relieves itching in dogs. Essential fatty acids and vitamin E help fight food allergies which can also be itchy.
* Helps to heal the skin: Neem can also help heal wounds, treat eczema, psoriasis, and aid in the healing process of hot spots, bug spots, dry spots, irritation, and other skin related issues.
How to Incorporate Ashwagandha and Neem Into Your Pet’s Life?
“You can find ashwagandha in many pet products. How you use these ingredients will depend on your pet’s needs. If you use them for the skin and coat, choose herbal shampoos, conditioners, balms, and oils. Many pet parents dilute neem oil and apply it to the infected part of their pet’s skin.
“If you need to boost your pet’s immunity and improve their overall health, you can choose foods, treats, oils, and supplements that contain neem or ashwagandha as the main ingredients,” explains L ‘expert.
– Always talk to your vet, ask him what is the right dose and the right form.
– Do not apply them on open wounds or cuts.
– Do not let them come into contact with your pet’s eyes.
?? For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!